🔕 🔔

How do you cook dandilion greens?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

I saute them simply with a bit of butter . . ....I chop them into manageable slices and saute for about 20mins . . . .a bit of salt and pepper, and they're delish.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Dandelion greens can be treated like many other greens. They are lovely with the end stems trimmed, then boiled for 10 minutes, drained, and then sauteed with some garlic and olive oil.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

In Italy they cook ciccoria (similar to dandelion) this way. They boil or steam them, overcooking by American standards and then dress with an anchovie vinaigrette which is out of this world.

I saute/braise mine for about 15 or 20 minutes with olive oil, lemon juice and just a touch of salt. It's hard to resist pulling them off too early, but they're not done until they're a little mushy and a sort of drab brown/green colour that you would normally associate with greens being overcooked; if they aren't this colour they taste bitter and make your mouth feel weird.