Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Raw to cooked greens conversion?

Recently I blanched, squeezed dry, and froze a bunch of farm box greens for later use. I've decided I'd like to use some of the greens to make gnudi. Trouble is, the recipes I've looked at give a measurement for raw spinach, and my greens are already cooked. I've only made the dish once before, so I'm not comfortable winging it with ingredient ratios, and so I was wondering if any of you would be willing to ballpark a conversion rate between raw and cooked greens. I assume it's not 1:1 b/c the water content is different. Curious what you have to say...

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

asked over 1 year ago
8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Here's a produce converter for fresh/frozen spinach. http://www.howmuchisin...

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Thank you!!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.