How do you cook by buckwheat

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

What is it you're thinking of making? It's very high in protein, so if you're going to replace part of the flour in something baked with buckwheat flour, you'll need to increase the hydration. The whole groats are excellent cooked until tender and added to bread doughs. You can even turn them into a pilaf using the same method.

laur

My family cooks buckwheat by immersing it in water and bring to a boil. Drain the water and add more water and bring to a boil. Do this several times, which will clean the buckwheat. Then add water one last time and bake covered for approximately 20-25 minutes. Serve with sauteed onions and butter. It's absolutely delicious!!