Baking Soda Forgotten

Forgot to add the baking soda to my honey cake. Mixture is complete. Is it too late to add it before I pour it into the pan?

asked by ELCookie about 6 years ago

Chrissyo29

Yes I would fold it in

ELCookie

Thank you for the response. I sprinkled it over the top and folded it in. Baking now. Will let you know what happens.

Hope you don't have to redo the cake.

Please let us know what happens. I forgot to add baking soda to my ginger apple torte once and it was a disaster.

ELCookie

Baked in individual muffin tins and since Honey cake is particularly dense they were ok. I am going to remake the recipe and will report if there is a real difference the second time. Hopefully I will not forget anything this go around. :)