🔕 🔔

Baking Soda Forgotten

Forgot to add the baking soda to my honey cake. Mixture is complete. Is it too late to add it before I pour it into the pan?

asked by ELCookie about 5 years ago

6839ae51 383d 457f 83dc 25d5f757a436  img 0353

Yes I would fold it in

13e03ad2 dea9 4f23 9c54 536873679e96  white chocolate ginger cookies

Thank you for the response. I sprinkled it over the top and folded it in. Baking now. Will let you know what happens.

Hope you don't have to redo the cake.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Please let us know what happens. I forgot to add baking soda to my ginger apple torte once and it was a disaster.

Baked in individual muffin tins and since Honey cake is particularly dense they were ok. I am going to remake the recipe and will report if there is a real difference the second time. Hopefully I will not forget anything this go around. :)