A question about a recipe: Kale with Pancetta, Cream and Toasted Rosemary Walnuts

What if I am so intrigued by the idea of tossing this with pasta (a suggestion from apartmentcooker for what to do with the leftovers from this recipe) that I just want to make it a pasta dish, from the start? What do you suggest? Following the recipe while I cook 3/4-1 lb of pasta and just mixing it all together when both the pasta and the kale dish are done? Thanks in advance!

drbabs September 17, 2011

Sounds good--I'd reserve some pasta water in case it's a little dry, and reserve the walnuts to put on top of the pasta.

AntoniaJames September 17, 2011

Oh my, that does sound tasty! Thinking maybe I'd add some fresh ricotta as well as cream . . . . . . using spaghetti, to make an eggless carbonara with greens. ;o)

EmilyC
EmilyC September 17, 2011

This is a great idea, one that I'll try! With regard to the amount of pasta, I'd agree that 3/4 to 1 pound would be about right, but after cooking it, you might want to mix in half, then add more if needed. I love AJ's ricotta idea if you need/want extra creaminess.