🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Kale with Pancetta, Cream and Toasted Rosemary Walnuts

A8fd63db 28db 47f6 be01 8130a59cb053  image 3

What if I am so intrigued by the idea of tossing this with pasta (a suggestion from apartmentcooker for what to do with the leftovers from this recipe) that I just want to make it a pasta dish, from the start? What do you suggest? Following the recipe while I cook 3/4-1 lb of pasta and just mixing it all together when both the pasta and the kale dish are done? Thanks in advance!

asked by bk_novice about 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Sounds good--I'd reserve some pasta water in case it's a little dry, and reserve the walnuts to put on top of the pasta.

Oh my, that does sound tasty! Thinking maybe I'd add some fresh ricotta as well as cream . . . . . . using spaghetti, to make an eggless carbonara with greens. ;o)

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

This is a great idea, one that I'll try! With regard to the amount of pasta, I'd agree that 3/4 to 1 pound would be about right, but after cooking it, you might want to mix in half, then add more if needed. I love AJ's ricotta idea if you need/want extra creaminess.