Will Pineapple cause the breakdown of red wine?

I have a recipe for a pudding dessert that calls for pineapple and a red wine sauce. I guess I could wait to apply the sauce to just before serving...do you suggest that?

asked by jtriola almost 7 years ago

loubaby

No matter what type of sauce you are serving with a pudding or cake dessert; always apply the sauce just before serving. I am not sure what you mean when you say that the pineapple juice will cause red wine to breakdown?...There is nothing in red wine that would breakdown.

If it's fresh pineapple cubes or slices, the red wine will discolor it and become soggy. Like loubaby said, apply the sauce (and in this case fresh pineapple) just before serving. Good luck!