🔕 🔔

Will Pineapple cause the breakdown of red wine?

I have a recipe for a pudding dessert that calls for pineapple and a red wine sauce. I guess I could wait to apply the sauce to just before serving...do you suggest that?

asked by jtriola about 6 years ago

4421619e f544 4703 9273 6e95dc123a79  black picture small

No matter what type of sauce you are serving with a pudding or cake dessert; always apply the sauce just before serving. I am not sure what you mean when you say that the pineapple juice will cause red wine to breakdown?...There is nothing in red wine that would breakdown.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

If it's fresh pineapple cubes or slices, the red wine will discolor it and become soggy. Like loubaby said, apply the sauce (and in this case fresh pineapple) just before serving. Good luck!