🔕 🔔

Thinking of roasting (instead of boiling or steaming) carrots to add to my chicken soup. Any thoughts or ideas?

asked by Food odyssea almost 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

It's a wonderful idea. I bet it will be great. Throw some onions in there, too.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I second drbabs -- chicken soup with roasted veggies is amazing and here's a recipe to prove it!!!

YES! I always roast root vegetables before adding to many dishes. I think roasting is the best way to really bring the earthy flavor out. I scrub, cut into even size, toss with a little melted butter and olive oil, salt & pepper & roast. Yummy!

Interesting idea. How could it NOT be delicious? Roasted veggies are so good.

Sometimes I take the carrots that cooked in the soup and glaze them before putting them back for service.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I concur with the above. I most always roast any vegetables I put in soups and there is a depth of flavor added that is wonderful.

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Fabulous idea!

Wholefoods user icon

Roasted veggies are fantastic for just about everything. Try roasted brussel sprouts! Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and you have the makings of popcorn b-sprouts! Eat 'em up like a bowl of popcorn - can't get enough of them!

Hell yes.