Anyone ever make stock from lamb bones?

My mother had the butcher butterfly a leg of lamb and he gave her the bones as well and she seems eager to give them me. I have some ideas for aromatics, etc, but was curious about what others have done. Will I end up with too-funky stock? Maybe roast the bones before stockifying? Thanks!

asked by JadeTree about 7 years ago

wssmom

Listen to boulangere. She knows whereof she speaks!

Baaaaaaa.

What boulangere said! Love lamb stock.

Just say no to LAMB!

JadeTree

Holy crumbs, boulangere! I am DOING IT! That will be the weekend project! Thank you so much! Exclamation point!

Good for you. Please let us know how it turns out. Exclamation point!

lorigoldsby

Not sure what you are going to do with that stock....I made a seriously yummy roasted onion soup with the lamb stock...the headiness of the rich stock, really held up well with the richness of the onions.