🔕 🔔

What type of orange should I buy to make oj?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 6 years ago

In CA we usually used navels.

actually, navels are the traditional "eating orange", and Valencia oranges are considered the "juice orange". They are much juicier and I can usually find them in big five- or ten-pound bags at the farmers' market (in CA).

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

I confess to being smitten with cara cara oranges ...

If juicing for one or two a mix of both Navels and Valencia are good but if you need a lot for a family or a drink recipe then go with frozen and for each container of frozen made by package direction add the juice of one orange of any type.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I usually use navels and valencias, I find navels are juicier. I mix in blood oranges and clementines when in season. I would use whatever you like and whatever is affordable.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I like to mix my oranges love navel and valencia, I like to add the juice of honey tangerines to the mix.