A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from SML Office.
I would like to double the recipe and bake in a tube pan.
Would this work? A little more flour? 375 degrees?

asked by Louisa over 6 years ago

Jennifer Wagner

I think it should work fine. Will you report back on your findings?

Louisa

I did go ahead and the cake's in the oven. I doubled everything except the baking powder, and I increased the flour to 3 cups. The oven was preheated to 375 and once the cake was in I reduced the temp to 350, so I'm thinking it will bake about 50-60 minutes? I ended up using a large bundt pan.
Will let you know how it turns out--fingers crossed!

Louisa

It turned out just fine, perfectly done, very moist. No problem turning it out of the pan either. Slices beautifully. I think next time bake at 370 ( took about 70 minutes at 350). Maybe zest only 1 lemon and finely dice the apple? A lovely cake. Thanks for the recipe!