🔕 🔔

What is a good wine pairing for chicken enchiladas verdes?

asked by @PoorGrlRichFood about 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I like a New Zealand sauvignon blanc with Chicken Enchiladas Verdes - Oyster Bay has a great one. My neighbor likes a pinot grigio. But of course I am right. LOL

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

@SKK of course you are right! A nice, rather dry riesling (Kabinett) would go nicely, too.

I'm with wssmom on the Kabinett! Perfect with that kind of food. ;o)

Kabinett is a new name for me here in the nw. Where is it made? Is kabinett the grape? I googled it and only came up with a NY Times article that left me confused because it referenced Michigan and I am easily confused so have mercy!

SKK, it is a Mosel wine, light but flavorful, which pairs very well with Moroccan and similarly spiced food. http://en.wikipedia.org...
It's usually reasonably priced, too. Not fancy but very nice. Fruity but not sweet. Definitely worth investigating. ;o)

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Another vote for a Kabinett Reisling - full flavor and not sweet makes a great complement to a verde sauce.