🔕 🔔

Epsom Salts Jam?

My daughter has been collecting out of print cookbooks and different auxiliary cookbooks. Browsing them tonight came across a recipe for Epsom Salts Jam. 4 cups crushed fruit or berries, 8 cups sugar and 1/2 tsp epsom salts. Have not heard of epsom salts used for cooking - opinions?

asked by SKK almost 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I don't think it would be a problem. It's a magnesium sulfate salt, and it is used in food production (per wikipedia) as a coagulant for tofu & as a brewing salt in beer. Not sure what it does for the jam, but should be safe!