Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

Anyone know of an absolutely delish pasta dish (w.or w.out meat) to impress my hubs. Don't mind complicated. Thanks!

I know this isn't a recipe query, sorry. I just don't have time to research.

asked by JessieLK about 5 years ago
0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I made this. And it was very very good.

but some hints. It's serious about using more oil in the pan for making the cherry tomato sauce. And it will spatter, so if you have a spatter screen use that.
Use good canned tuna. Which can sometimes be diffulct to find. Most american brands are kind of pasty.
Failing that. quick fry some tuna steak with oil/garlic.

Bread..is a vital element to sop the oil and juices there, so get a really nice crusty bread to use.

Spinach: I thought the two hand fulls in the recipe were under powered, I'd use more next time.
Cheese: My partner thought the parm cheese was over powering and suggested using baby swiss for a lighter touch.

The tomatoes are the star there.....the sauce made with lots of oil and tomatoes bubbling and giving up juices makes the dish. it will spatter, just don't over heat it to caramelized...it should be somewhat caramelized, but not stinky burned.

I loved it..and we used one can of "Centro" tuna..along with following the recipe. But my partner thought the cheese element ( used good parma cheese) was over powering...and we didn't have crusty bread..I also was shy on the oil, for lack of good bread. But take all this in account and read the original post.
And still, we both thought it needed the entire bag of spinach instead of couple of handfuls as the recipe says.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

What Sam says and here is another great one, very simple http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Clean and slice broccoli and cauliflower into 3/8 - 1/2 inch slices. Get a pan hot and add about 3 Tablespoons olive oil. add the sliced vegetables and let sit to get a nice, brown sear, toss and let sear on other side. Toss in 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, chili flakes to taste, chopped kalamata olives and some rinsed and chopped capers. Toss with spaghetti adding a little of the water from cooking the pasta. Season with sea salt and pepper and add more olive oil if needed.

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

Everyone else's ideas sound absolutely fantastic,and coincidence or not I was going to sugest you something I heard about a few days ago and that sounded great:penne al forno with cauliflower puré mixed to the eggs for a delicate flavour...but you have already many choices on the cauliflower department.So,I'm going with the FUN department,and if he does not get impressed,at least you're gona have some laughs,wich in my book count as even better.Her's the deal:name ONE man on the face of this Earth who does not love a hot-dog?Get some lasagna noodles.If they're dry cook them for about 3 to 4 min. on salted water.If they're fresh you're good to go.And if you make them yourself,that's impressive!On the past sheets,spread some ricotta paste,well seasoned and full of herbs and spices.Then,comes the hot-dog.I like the german kind,but this is not about me,it's about the hubby!Use his favorite.Boil it for a few minutes before.Roll everything togheter,then lay the rolls on a deep baking dish coated in tomato sauce and olive oil.Cover the rolls with more sauce and olive oil and spread grated mozzarella cheese on top.It's going to melt in the oven and make it even more fun!
Let me know how it goes...