Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Recipe (and other) rotations

As the son and the daughter would say, they seem pretty "random." Cold Corn Soup, mid-October? Really? How are recipe rotations determined? And does the Front Burner need to be on the already crowded home page twice? Along with the last, as in not current, Community Picks? I'm truly sorry to seem cranky, but the home page makes me seriously cranky. Although at the moment I am loving not having that claustrophobic live feed running along the bottom of the screen. Please, oh, please give us a way to x it away!

asked about 5 years ago
397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

boulangere, as I've noted in past responses, our tech team has been working around the clock dealing with a serious site speed issue that came up unexpectedly after we relaunched. They are fixing smaller bugs as they can, but our home page rotation and the live feed strip are not that high on our priority list for now. Thanks for your patience.

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

Amanda what are you doing working at 10:45 p.m.on a Sunday night? You have a book tour coming up!!! Get some sleep!!! Sell many books!!

Amanda, please believe me, I understand. But it seems there is a fine line between malfunctions your team wants to know about and those that are low priority. I truly cannot imagine the pressure your team is under. But as several have suggested, perhaps the entire user field didn't need to function as the beta test. But here we all are. We're all doing our best - your team and those loyal to the site. At some point, I am confident they'll intersect. In the meantime, information is everything. At the same time, I echo wssmom's question.