i'm looking for a recipe that i swear used to be on this site for corn pudding!

please help- i made this dish last february and i am positive it was a recipe on this site. it was a corn pudding that was quite simple...however, you put the baking dish in the oven and heated it prior to adding the corn batter, then i believe you poured the heavy cream on top and it all baked up into an ethereal souffle-ish type dish. really lovely and now i cant seem to locate this recipe. pleaseee please help.

9bfb0001 627c 4066 a761 317b6b68aeac  foodfoodfood 127

sexyLAMBCHOPx December 2, 2011
hardlikearmour December 3, 2011

I think you're looking for the custard spoonbread recipe. I'd find the link, but I'm using my phone so I don't know how.

tinymango
tinymango December 3, 2011

yup, that's it, thanks so much for jogging my memory, i thought i was going crazy.

AntoniaJames April 27, 2012

Here it is: food52.com/recipes/8254_warm_custard_spoon_bread . I highly recommend that you use half the amount of baking powder called for in the recipe. The cook who submitted this modified a traditional (as in Joy of Cooking, and numerous other American cookbooks) dish by doubling the baking powder and adding a few flavorings. I have made this recipe as written, and then again using half of the baking powder, and the flavors come through so much better with the original smaller amount . ;o)