A question about a recipe: Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce

A12460b4 9b59 4a14 86a9 849a71ba882e  img 2770

I have a question about the recipe "Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Sauce" from TasteFood. After deglazing the pan with Port, the recipes calls for wine, porcini liquid, and rosemary to be added and reduced. Does anyone consider adding beef broth here as well?

asked by norasdad almost 7 years ago

You could probably use beef broth/stock in place of the wine or porcini liquid if you wanted.

TasteFood

Beef stock would be a good substitute for the mushroom stock.

tbrooks

Ok I never understand this. This recipe call for 3 pounds, to much. So if I buy 1 1/2 - 2 pounds how do I adjust the timing. It would be the same diameter but ??

PattiinMS

You should really go by temperature but depending on it's size it might take about 15 minutes.

ChefOno

All things being equal except length, roasting time won't change much if at all. Time-per-pound estimates assume the object in question will get larger proportionally as the weight goes up (as would a chicken or turkey). Outside of attempting to coordinate time of service, relying on them is a really good way of wrecking an expensive cut of meat. As Pierino always says, it's done when it's done. And as I like to say, the only way of knowing for sure is to stick a thermometer in it.