🔕 🔔

Can you recommend a cocktail that is easy to mix and well-liked?

Help us build our Holiday iPad App. Give us your tried and true holiday entertaining tips.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Well, easy and well-liked are relative terms. But guests here have loved wssmom's Peartini. (Apologies for not sending the link.)

The link finally loaded for wssmom's peartini and here it is

253bf469 1fbf 4f08 a572 3dc09b33bb7c  aliya leekong 3a

For my party last year, I served this Smoked Earl Grey Tea Cocktail (http://www.food52.com/recipes...). It's 3 ingredients - cold smoked earl grey tea, lemon juice, and ginger liquer - so it's really easy to mix and can be done in buik. A lemon sugar rim finishes it off beautifully.

59fe738d 3c86 4f28 8708 10977a9a1051  avatar

French 75s. Easy, elegant and wicked potent. http://jeandsanders.blogspot...

24ed4e8b 74ec 4734 9cb1 135a3f4a2e8c  june112010web

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

sangria. made in advance and delicious!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

The Aviation Cocktail is one of my all-time favorites - 2 oz gin, 1/2 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz maraschino liqueur, and 1/4 oz creme de violette. I've batch mixed my Thai One On cocktail for a party and it went over well: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
Same for my Tea Thyme and Bourbon cocktail: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
I've also served Aliyaleekong's Smoked Earl Grey cocktail. It is delicious, easy to batch mix, and not overly boozy.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Martini's, flavored ones are particularly nice around the holidays, like pomegranate or cranberry or apple. I second wssmom's peartini!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I know it's overdone, but I really like cosmopolitans for the holidays. I love the pink/red color with the green of a wedge of lime. I'm a wimp and I like fizzy drinks, so I usually add some sparkling water to the mix.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Agree with Sangria - delicious and pretty in a big glass pitcher on the bar. Also agree about the cosmopolitans - some things become a cliche because they're actually, well...good. But I like to make them with pomegranate juice instead of cranberry - tastes great, and the color is even more jewel toned. A drop of ginger syrup also adds a great flavor to them.

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

For the holidays, I love something with sparkling wine. Pour some in a nice flute and top with some Poire William (pear brandy) & garnish w/ a thin slice of pear. Or, if you have some cranberry or raspberry liqueur, use that...

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Can't find the recipe because I can't remember the title (sorry, food52er and if anybody knows, please put the link up). Great fall cocktail with apple cider, maple syrup and Maker's Mark. The proportions I use are two shots of apple cider, half a shot of maple syrup, half a shot of Maker's Mark.