Can you recommend a cocktail that is easy to mix and well-liked?

Help us build our Holiday iPad App. Give us your tried and true holiday entertaining tips.

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

asked about 7 years ago

Well, easy and well-liked are relative terms. But guests here have loved wssmom's Peartini. (Apologies for not sending the link.)

The link finally loaded for wssmom's peartini and here it is

aliyaleekong

For my party last year, I served this Smoked Earl Grey Tea Cocktail (http://www.food52.com/recipes...). It's 3 ingredients - cold smoked earl grey tea, lemon juice, and ginger liquer - so it's really easy to mix and can be done in buik. A lemon sugar rim finishes it off beautifully.

fineartdaily

French 75s. Easy, elegant and wicked potent. http://jeandsanders.blogspot.com/2010/06/june-11-2010-its-food-friday-french-75.html

JessicaBakes

sangria. made in advance and delicious!

The Aviation Cocktail is one of my all-time favorites - 2 oz gin, 1/2 oz lemon juice, 1/2 oz maraschino liqueur, and 1/4 oz creme de violette. I've batch mixed my Thai One On cocktail for a party and it went over well: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
Same for my Tea Thyme and Bourbon cocktail: http://www.food52.com/recipes...
I've also served Aliyaleekong's Smoked Earl Grey cocktail. It is delicious, easy to batch mix, and not overly boozy.

Martini's, flavored ones are particularly nice around the holidays, like pomegranate or cranberry or apple. I second wssmom's peartini!

I know it's overdone, but I really like cosmopolitans for the holidays. I love the pink/red color with the green of a wedge of lime. I'm a wimp and I like fizzy drinks, so I usually add some sparkling water to the mix.

Agree with Sangria - delicious and pretty in a big glass pitcher on the bar. Also agree about the cosmopolitans - some things become a cliche because they're actually, well...good. But I like to make them with pomegranate juice instead of cranberry - tastes great, and the color is even more jewel toned. A drop of ginger syrup also adds a great flavor to them.

Helen's All Night Diner

For the holidays, I love something with sparkling wine. Pour some in a nice flute and top with some Poire William (pear brandy) & garnish w/ a thin slice of pear. Or, if you have some cranberry or raspberry liqueur, use that...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Can't find the recipe because I can't remember the title (sorry, food52er and if anybody knows, please put the link up). Great fall cocktail with apple cider, maple syrup and Maker's Mark. The proportions I use are two shots of apple cider, half a shot of maple syrup, half a shot of Maker's Mark.