A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"Preheat oven to 350. Butter a bundt pan and dust the inside with cocoa powder, set aside."

asked by saflin about 7 years ago

dymnyno

The correct pan is a tube pan.

saflin

Thanks so much!!! Making this cake for my son's birthday celebration tonight.

Ophelia

While the cake in the picture was definitely baked in a tube cake pan you can use a bundt pan, or a regular round cake pan or even make cupcakes if you liked, you just have to pay closer attention to it while it bakes so that it doesn't overcook.

cookinginvictoria

I've made this cake many times, and I've found that the baking directions work perfectly when I use a bundt pan.