🔕 🔔

Just to confirm: with 2" oil, it should cover the chicken, not just the bottom as I imagine pan frying would be.

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about step 5 on the recipe "Essie's Fried Chicken" from jwolfsthal. It says:

"In a large cast iron pan or dutch oven, bring 2" of oil to 375 degrees. Do not use too much oil. This recipe is for pan fried, not deep fried, chicken. Deep fried is a whole other flock of birds. Temperature control here is really important. Keep oil as close to 375 for the whole cooking period as possible."

asked by wietje over 6 years ago

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

By those directions, I would say 2" of oil before adding the chicken, which means it will come up the sides of the chicken, but not cover it completely.

@BlissfulBaker: Thank you.