When frying - how to keep batter from sticking to the pan?

I was just trying my hand at some home-made fried pork chops. I dredged them in flour and then in a batter of whole wheat flour, egg white, worcestershire sauce, baking powder and some water. When I tried to flip them in the hot oil I found that the fried batter was completely stuck to the pan (steel pan).

asked by Jon W over 5 years ago

That usually happens when the pan isn't hot enough when you first put the pork chop into the pan. It may be that pan was quite hot when you were ready to turn it but it must also be very hot when you lay it in at the beginning

kitkat

make sure you have enough oil, as well - not enough won't create the buffer between the food and the pan.

Chilling the frying item in the fridge also helps the coating to adhere. Also, not overcrowding the pan, and like the answers above super hot pan and enough oil.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

So agree with the 3 previous answers..hot oil, enough oil and chilling are key!