Sugar Beet

Our son brought us a large sugar beet, but I don't know what to do with it. I know it is a source of granulated sugar, but are there other ways to use it?

Kristen Miglore November 3, 2011

To really get to know it, I would just prepare it simply and taste and season as you go -- try roasting it like you would with other beets, or sauteeing it, or even mashing it like potatoes. Let us know how you like it!

Esther Plume
Esther Plume November 4, 2011

There are a few second world war recipes from times of rationing that call for it, my mum sometimes picks them up, she makes a chutney with them... I'm afraid I don't have any recipes to help you out, but it might be a place to start googling for one!

Esther Plume
Esther Plume November 4, 2011