What should you use adzuki beans for?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

Adzukis appear most often in Japanese and other Asian cooking, but really, they are just beans. Look on FOOD52 -- http://www.food52.com/recipes... -- you'll see that the recipes range widely. I just used some for a Korean inspired soup from www.soupchick.com -- it was delicious! (The recipe called for black beans, though.)

Adzuki beans are commonly used in Asian desserts in the form of bean paste or bean curd because of their naturally sweet profile. I've happily used them here: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

RosefromCaledon

I've cooked adzuki beans in lots of water till done, drain, then sauteed chopped red onion, garlic clove in good olive oil, 2 or 3 TB, then pureed the whole lot, add seasoning, then spread it on soft tortillas, roll then slice for vegetarian sandwiches or hors d'oeuvre......great reactions from people that have tasted this

RosefromCaledon

At a previous cooking job I was asked to "get rid" of about 100 lbs of dried adzuki beans that a previous chef had purchased.........I came up with this recipe for the lunch vegetarian sandwich choice: Cook about 1 cup dried adzuki beans in lots of water till soft, drain well. Saute 1 medium, chopped red onion and 1 sliced garlic clove on medium heat until cooked through and carmelized. Put this in to a food processor along with the beans.....puree till smooth.....may need a bit of water to thin slightly, season. Spread on soft tortilla, add julienned carrot and celery, roll tight then slice in half.........