A question about a recipe: Diana Kennedy's Carnitas: making ahead and reheating

I have a question about the recipe "Diana Kennedy's Carnitas" from Genius Recipes. I would like to make this on Sunday but won't be serving it until Tuesday. How does this fare making it ahead of time? What is a good way to reheat the meat? Thanks in advance for your help!

69db6017 5873 4574 af78 a637c224cea1  5862540794 87eeec4b0f z
Recipe question for: Diana Kennedy's Carnitas

Kristen Miglore November 11, 2011

I'd recommend covering a pan tightly with foil (or a lid) and reheating gently in the oven (say 250 degrees), stirring occasionally, so they don't toughen or dry out. You may want to ask the carnitas-experienced folks from this recent thread so they can weigh in too! http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

boulangere November 11, 2011

Kristen's answer is golden, but I'd go even lower, say 225 degrees. And definitely have some stock on hand and add a couple of splashes.

CarlaCooks
CarlaCooks November 14, 2011

Thanks for the help! I decided to cook meat until the point where the liquid has evaporated and all that is left is the rendered fat. At that point, I took my dutch oven off the heat and let it cool. I then popped the whole pot into the fridge. Tomorrow I'll put it back on the heat and finish the meat by frying it. I think it'll work fine.

boulangere November 14, 2011

Sounds great!