🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cranberry-Molasses Pudding with Vanilla Hard Sauce

88c3f613 cd15 4285 9b87 2b3e59535e84  111610f 338

I bought all the ingredients to make this for dessert tonight; however, just realized that my bundt pan is nearly the same diameter as my dutch oven (the widest pot I've got). The lip of the bundt sits flush on top of the dutch oven, which means the dutch oven lid won't have a tight a seal on the pot, even though the pudding pan will be sealed with layers of tin foil. The lip of the bundt pan, which juts out over the edge of the dutch oven, would be acting as the seal, with the weight of the dutch oven lid over it. Is that enough, or should I just abort unless I can figure out a smaller mold to use? Any ideas? Thanks!

asked by Sugar On My Tongue about 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

How about using foil to cover the dutch oven and bundt pan instead of the lid?

70c30ec0 fa36 42cd a600 899151dd1379  fb food composite1

good idea, thanks! that extra layer should help seal in the steam.

I'd secure the foil with cooking twine, though, as the steam when it's rising will push the foil up and could allow steam to escape. I'd probably use a double layer of foil, too. ;o)

Antonia and Amanda - thanks for both your suggestions. I heeded your advice, using foil and twine, and it worked perfectly! The resulting steamed pudding was a huge hit at our dinner party last night :)

8fa0f8d4 835b 492f a30f 05fa2f72d82b  pict0361

I usually wrap the pudding in foil all around anyhow, to keep water out of it -- glad it worked out! It's such a delicious dessert for the holidays.