Rice Bran Oil

Have you had luck baking with rice bran oil? What recommendations do you have for success?

• Posted by: SKK
  • November 14, 2011

Kitchen Butterfly
Kitchen Butterfly November 14, 2011

I've baked severally with rice bran oil - in recipes that call for oil. Nothing out of the ordinary - I've made cakes and muffins. What I often used it for though was deep frying.

ellenj
ellenj November 14, 2011

I bought some lightly salted roasted cashews today. They were roasted with rice bran oil. I had never heard of rice bran oil before and now I've seen it referenced twice in one day.

Kitchen Butterfly
Kitchen Butterfly November 15, 2011

The law of attraction....to rice bran oil, me thinks

beyondcelery
beyondcelery November 15, 2011

I've never heard of this! Where'd you get it, SKK?

SKK November 15, 2011

My daughter came home from the restaurant she is baking at and told me that all they use is rice bran oil. I read about it on line and wondered if anyone had real time experience with it. It seems very healthy. Would love to have your thoughts on this, Syronai.

beyondcelery
beyondcelery November 15, 2011

Do you know where to buy it? I'm thinking about working on a pumpkin strudel for Thanksgiving (gluten-free), so now I'm tempted to get this and use it in that.