🔕 🔔

greasing the bundt pan

I have a Nordicware bundt pan that is fairly new. Whenever I make Gramercy Tavern Gingerbread from Claudia Fleming, there are usually sticking issues. Sometimes they are worse than other times. The recipe reads to "butter and flour" but the instructions with my bundt pan says to only use shortnening. What is your favorite way to grease a bundt pan? This recipe is notorious for sticking to the pan.

asked by Stephanie G about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have the same problem with my applesauce cake, I have tried butter, cooking spray making sure I get every crevice but it still sticks in some places. I really look forward to the collective wisdom here, thanks for asking this.

I have a Nordicware bundt pan, too. I use a butter paper with lots of butter on it and rub liberally. But I don't flour... I coat the buttered pan with SUGAR. Haven't had any sticking issues since. (FWIW, I have never greased that pan with "shortening." There is none of that stuff in my kitchen.