A question about a recipe: No-Cream Gratin of Potatoes and Carmelized Onions

98fb3384 da6b 4002 b7b7 86c21e41df10  picture 5

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "No-Cream Gratin of Potatoes and Carmelized Onions" from Loulies. It says:

"Peel, and as thinly as possible (a mandoline works well), slice potatoes. Add to the caramelized onions in pan. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Arrange onions and potatoes in medium-sized gratin dish. Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender about 35 minutes.
"

asked by MsDivinaLoca almost 7 years ago

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I would say about 9 inches in length and 6 inches in width. Approximately! Use whatever you have and if you feel that it is smaller or larger than needed scale down or up the other quantities accordingly.

Loulies

I have a 9 or 10" fluted, white porcelain one that I like to use. Thanks for asking