🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: No-Cream Gratin of Potatoes and Carmelized Onions

98fb3384 da6b 4002 b7b7 86c21e41df10  picture 5

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "No-Cream Gratin of Potatoes and Carmelized Onions" from Loulies. It says:

"Peel, and as thinly as possible (a mandoline works well), slice potatoes. Add to the caramelized onions in pan. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Arrange onions and potatoes in medium-sized gratin dish. Cover with foil and bake until potatoes are tender about 35 minutes.
"

asked by MsDivinaLoca almost 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

I would say about 9 inches in length and 6 inches in width. Approximately! Use whatever you have and if you feel that it is smaller or larger than needed scale down or up the other quantities accordingly.

35d8be0a 9b6b 4285 927f 7f2561865824  suzanne and bettina

I have a 9 or 10" fluted, white porcelain one that I like to use. Thanks for asking