🔕 🔔

How can I make my assigned crudité tray more festive for Thanksgiving?

asked by JennyCLawyer almost 6 years ago

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

Blanched/seasoned veggies with bagna cauda - really impressive http://www.food52.com/recipes...

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

Megan's baugna cauda reference is a good one--before you vary too much from your "assigned" dish--assuming you aren't related to Marney from the Awkward Family (http://awkwardfamilyphotos...

--sorry to keep referencing this--it just makes me laugh so hard!)

But another type of crudite platter could be a really nice antipasti platter with cheeses, salami roses, marinated artichokes, cherry tomatoes, celery sticks, zuchinni and squash rounds or sticks. I also have an easy baugna cauda recipe posted.

6285f048 5157 4a6d 9d8d e0d256003c5a  stringio

I love that entry in awkward family photos!! Thanks for the great suggestions.

Cd4936f2 2555 42a6 bab6 b78ae625f4ec  img 3538

I have to agree with Megan and Lori with the baugna cauda or you could turn your crudite in to a foil for Dorie Greenspan's pumpkin filled with everything good. http://www.epicurious.com...

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

If they're available where you are, a few hard-boiled quail eggs in their shells is a festive addition. They're easy--put them in cool water, bring it to a boil, then cool the eggs in ice water.

This is so old school, but . . . . cut your radishes into little "roses." It's so easy. (I made thousands of these as a teenager, as I was my mother's sous chef and we served crudites at every single party, and my job was cutting and arranging. Be sure to put them in ice water after you make the cuts. This helps the flower "bloom". Another idea is to include both green and good black (Greek, preferably, and under no circumstances from a can) olives. Finally, arrange them on the platter into a pattern, so that it's visually more interesting. So, for example, if you're using a rectangular dish, set rows of the crudities in diagonal stripes instead of up and down, filling in the upper left and far right corners with something (like radish roses) that look nice in little piles. Also, marinated artichoke hearts would be a nice addition. Have fun!! ;o)