🔕 🔔

Can I make stuffing the day before? Should I bake it and then reheat the next day?

asked by frani_lieberman almost 6 years ago

Ece90812 0903 49a8 8e35 aa86c774be22  dsc00202
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

You can certainly make the stuffing the day before -- refrigerate it -- and bake it off just before serving. I would bake it entirely and bring it out to cool a bit, not bake, wait, reheat ... if that makes sense. Happy Thanksgiving!

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Yep me too - in fact I just popped mine in the fridge. The other good thing about baking tomorrow is you can sneak some drippings in there too!

7971e363 c700 4683 b67b 640b9cf9144e  federicocooking

Yes, you can, but don't put it in the bird the night before if you're cooking it inside the bird. Stuff only just before cooking.

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

Just check it while you are re-heating. sometimes after it sits the bread will soak up too much liquid so you might need to add more stock (or delicious drippings as aargersi mentioned).