If I peel potatoes the night before will they keep?

asked by SLondon over 6 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

What are you going to do with them? Peeled uncooked potatoes oxidize pretty quickly, I wouldn't try to keep them overnight.

SLondon

Not even if I peel and put them in cold water in the fridge? :(

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Oh goodness, I don't want to be the cause of a sad face. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Are you going to make mashed potatoes with them? Any chance you can make them tonight and reheat it tomorrow?

Yes. Peel, chop, and store in the fridge with cold water to cover them and you'll be fine.

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

thanks, boulangere!

SLondon

Thanks Kmucci and boulangere!

Happy potatoes and Thanksgiving to all!