Top Five Favorite Foods

Five foods you just can not live without..."Only five?!",you may ask;but there lies the cruelty--hence the fun!!!I'm feeling mean today,hahaha!

asked by mensaque almost 7 years ago

mensaque

For me it has always been:1)Chocolate...I'm a 'chocoaholic' and there's no cure! 2)Red meat...rare or medium rare,bloody,wet,red meat...huuummmm!It's almost sexual...like a good vampire story,you know? 3)Cheese...the smell of melting cheese alone could feed me for a week. 4)Rice.From 100 brazilian people,I garantee you at least 99 will have it on their list. 5)I'm torned between ice cream and fruit.Caught in my own trap!Oh,the irony!...I guess I'll have to say fruit!Sometimes I just have to have the freshness of a grape or strawberry in my mouth,the texture,the fruit's juices,,,well,it's getting sexual again...

This actually took some thought. Pasta; my favorite go-to for quick food, comfort food, good flavors and textures. And yeah, I'd agree with rice; I use it in many forms in many ways. Eggs, farm-fresh; for cooking, for baking. Garlic and onions; members of the same family. Caviar; not often, but when it's available, it's just the thing. Now can I post another five?

mensaque

I'll give you five more if you give me ice cream back...plus potatoes,bread,cookies and as long as we're cheating,sea food--in wich I will include caviar...looove it,but it's the opposite to rice:99 out of 100 brazilian hate it!

OK, yes, take back the ice cream. Take your potatoes, and lump bread and cookies into one group since they're all essentially baked goods, and quite brilliant to group caviar with seafood - nicely done! So give me the next five of olive oil, sesame oil, fish sauce, sambal olek, and Parmesan cheese.

Had to really think about this, I wish I could say lettuce and some sort of vegetable were on my top five list but alas. its all either sweet or starchy. Freshly baked bread with gobs of salted butter (is that 2?) mashed potatoes (made with butter and sour cream),roasted chicken, chocolate, cereal. I might swap ice cream for the roasted chicken.

mensaque

I'll take bread and butter as one and let you have ice cream and chicken...afterall we're all cheating! It's impossible to pick only five!!!

:0)

mensaque, you crack me up.

OK, here goes:
1. Cheese.
2. Eggs. My go-to food.
3. Fruit. Life without bananas? Peaches? Clementines? Lemons? Unimaginable.
4. Bread/crackers. Low carb diet? Kill me.
5. Seafood: primarily shrimp, and most fish. Seriously, when I was single, one of my friends wanted to fix me up with someone who kept kosher, and I wouldn't go out with him because I didn't want to give up shrimp.

Oh, and just in case we can add more, I'll take ice cream and pasta.

mensaque

What if he was the one?I guess you eventually met the love of your life...forget I said anything!hahaha!

How could he be the one if he wouldn't eat shrimp?

Oh, and I forgot cookies!

Panfusine

bread, potatoes, rice, lentils, cheese

Foie gras (take that you PETA sissies), white truffles, butter (good butter), french onion soup, good olive oil, a crisp baguette straight from the oven at 6:00 a.m. , porcini mushrooms, charcuterie of all types, kimchi, sea urchin, oysters.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Pasta, clams. shrimp, good bread and a rare steak ( oh and lots of garlic and olive oil!)

bigpan

Potato, bacon, chocolate, eggs, and chicken - not necessarily in that order.

benjamin

almonds, avocados, eggs, sardines, wine

beyondcelery

Avocado, pears, chocolate, quinoa, eggs. If I'm allowed 6, hazelnuts are on my short list!

Bevi

pasta, potatoes, a crispy roast duck, cheese, and caramelized onions

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

quince, raspberries, watermelon, coffee, rice and beans
(that's today, anyway- can I answer again tomorrow?)

figs, chocolate, salt, coffee, baked goods!

bugbitten

Jacques Pepin says he is asked this question all the time. His answer is "Really good bread with really good butter." I'm always happy when he sees things my way. I wonder how he would rate my second favorite, salty Dutch pretzels with whole chocolate milk?

skittle

1.Chocolate
2. Great bread
3.Scallops
4.Pineapple
5.Peanut butter

This is subject to change at the writer's discretion:
Halibut
Spinach
Eggs - organic from the farmers I know
Walnuts
Chilis with heat

Lobster, foie gras, Armagnac (is that in a major food group?), mushrooms I've picked for myself, artichokes. Oh, dang it, we're already up to five!

Greenstuff, I am here to relieve you of the burden of your choices. Wine, liquor, Armagnac are not currently considered food groups. So you can add another favorite.

Okay, oysters. But you do know that beer is food?

TheWimpyVegetarian

Depends on the season. But here goes: yogurt (this is a two-fer: frozen or for breakfast); strawberries; chocolate; eggs; greens and if I can have an alternate in case one of these gets sick, then it's pasta. Or bacon.

Sadassa_Ulna

pizza
choc. chip cookies (per my take on Tollhouse: less butter, less chips, more brown sugar than white, extra vanilla)
mango (pref. the small yellow "champagne" type) - or raspberries, pineapple, peaches, or pears
home fries with onion and red peppers, some parmesan on that
chicken tikka masala

Miafoodie

Today I would say my favorites are:
Pasta
Bread
Cheese
Eggs
Chocolate