🔕 🔔

Planning a kitchen remodeling...any thoughts on steam ovens?

I'm an on again off again bread baker. Should I go for the big bucks?

asked by bugbitten almost 6 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

If you have big bucks. A Combi Oven would be nice. Very Commercial type product.
But they are starting to enter the home cook market.
http://jetcitygastrophysics...

E6f5e079 1551 4472 bc70 dcc35a71edc2  110

The Gaggenau in that link is the type I'm thinking of. Sadly, it only goes up to 450, which seems strange.

Oh, I did not know the temp rang on that.

if you google combi ovens. I think Rational and Hobert make some lower end models...still very pricey tho.
Whirlpool on a quick youtube search has one too for the home cook.
http://www.youtube.com...

Cool video! The music was a little triumphal, perhaps, and I was sorry they didn't tell you what happened to the turkey at the end. Really, I'm just wondering if a steam oven is one more piece of technology that I don't need.

Probably unless you have bucks to spend. I find them attractive, but I don't think they're 'there yet' for home cooks, maybe in a few years we'll see more options for the home.