Just heard about 'Korarima' (Ethiopian Cardamom) for the first time ever..anyone know where I could buy some?

Wikipedia is pretty sketchy about the details

asked by Panfusine almost 7 years ago

vrunka

Ooh, very interesting. I love Ethiopian food, but I've never heard of this spice before.

I found just one source on-line which sells it both whole and ground (as well as ton of other interesting sounding spices):
http://www.ethiopianspices.com/html/products.asp?ItemID=1032

But the downside is that you have to buy a fairly large quantity (8 ounces or more) which may be more than you want to commit to spice you've never tried before. If you have an Ethiopian restaurant nearby, I recommend stopping in and asking them if they have a source.

ECava

Not sure if you're in NYC, but my go-to spice resources here are: Kalustyan's, Sahadi's and Manhattan Fruit Exchange. If you're not here & don't want to order online, I'm happy to check around and see if I can buy & ship some to you. :)

Panfusine

I'll give Kalustyans a go, the next time I'm in NY Thanks so much Ecava

a Whole Foods Market Customer

I too feel you can find it out in kalustyans or did u try whole foods.

Manoj Khandelwal

you can buy from m/s S.S.Impex, new delhi (India) do call at 00919999998451, or mail him at [email protected]

panfusine, did you ever find the Korarima and if so, where, and more importantly, what is it like? Details, please. Thank you. ;o)

Also, how close to regular (black or green) cardamon does it taste?