If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My brother and I shared a house in Tempe, AZ back in the 80's. We had a large, prodigious fig tree in the back yard. We experimented with many recipes to utilize the bounty of fruit. These became a favorite served as appetizers with cocktails. —MissSuzi
- 10 fresh figs
- 5 thin slices of prosciutto, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup good blue cheese
- Wash figs and slice down one side to form a pocket. Be careful not to slice all the way through.
- Stuff 1/10th (about a tsp) of the blue cheese into the pockets of each fig.
- Wrap stuffed fig with piece of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill on medium hot grill until prosciutto begins to crisp and cheese is warmed, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove toothpicks before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fig Recipe