Author Notes: i actually made ricotta this week and because it spoils quickly have been using it in many of my recipes this week. —christy
Makes: 6 small or 3-4 large
small artichokes, washed and trimmed
cup fresh ricotta
cup grated parmesan
teaspoon lemon zest
teaspoon fresh lemon juice
pinches sea salt
pinches black pepper
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- steam artichokes in water until the leaves can be gently tugged from the base--approximately 25-35 minutes
- meanwhile, mix together the ricotta, parmesan, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme in a small bowl.
- when the artichokes are done, remove from steamer and allow to cool enough to handle.
- once cool, gently remove the tender light green interior leaves to expose the choke. also remove the choke with a spoon.
- spread the remaining leaves of the artichoke gently out to form a cup. fill the cup with the ricotta mixture
- stand the artichokes in a pan or cupcake tin and place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. allow the cheese to souffle and the top to brown slightly.
- remove from oven and serve warm as part of an assembled salad or by itself.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta