If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i actually made ricotta this week and because it spoils quickly have been using it in many of my recipes this week. —christy
Makes 6 small or 3-4 large
small artichokes, washed and trimmed
cup fresh ricotta
cup grated parmesan
teaspoon lemon zest
teaspoon fresh lemon juice
pinches sea salt
pinches black pepper
teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- steam artichokes in water until the leaves can be gently tugged from the base--approximately 25-35 minutes
- meanwhile, mix together the ricotta, parmesan, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme in a small bowl.
- when the artichokes are done, remove from steamer and allow to cool enough to handle.
- once cool, gently remove the tender light green interior leaves to expose the choke. also remove the choke with a spoon.
- spread the remaining leaves of the artichoke gently out to form a cup. fill the cup with the ricotta mixture
- stand the artichokes in a pan or cupcake tin and place in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes. allow the cheese to souffle and the top to brown slightly.
- remove from oven and serve warm as part of an assembled salad or by itself.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta