If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was developed for a cooking class and was served as part of a stuffed chicken breast. Also an excellent stand alone vegetarian dish if vegetable stock or water is used. —Chef RobWez
- 2 cups Red Quinoa. (Rinsed)
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 4 cups water (for added flavor use Chicken Stock or Vegatable Broth)
- 2-4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- S&P tt
- 1.Sauté Onions, add carrots and celery
- 2.Add Poultry Seasoning
- 3.Turn off heat
- 4.In separate pan bring stock or water to boil
- 5.Add Quinoa to liquid, return to boil.
- 6.Simmer 15 minutes until moisture is absorbed.
- Add mirepoix, (onion/celery/carrot mixture) walnuts and cranberries stir and remove from heat.
- Salt to taste