Author Notes: This is a perfect accompaniment to your best roast or a bunch of bangers. Comfort food taken to the next level. If you have any leftovers, and I can't imagine why you would, but IF you have leftovers, try forming the mashed potatoes into patties, rolling them in panko crumbs and frying them in butter until crisp. Top with a poached egg. —Eliana60
Serves: 6-8, less in my family
pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
cups sour cream
tablespoons prepared horseradish
tablespoons minced chives
salt & pepper
- Put potatoes in large pot covered with salted water and boil until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes or put them through a ricer.
- Add sour cream, horseradish, butter, milk and chives, reserving one tbsp chives for garnish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust texture with more or less milk.
- Garnish with reserved chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish