Author Notes: Recently I made a recipe that was in Parade Magazine that was a favorite of novelist Dean Koontz. Well, I thought that the recipe was pretty bland (but I loved the roasted corn taste). This is my version that is spiced up and with a few more ingredients. —dymnyno
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 pound package of frozen corn, or canned, or fresh
1 ounce asiago cheese, grated
3 tablespoons grated horseradish
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and butter to a simmer and add the flour. Simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Drain the corn and add to the white sauce. Add the eggs and mix together. (don't worry about the eggs; the cool corn will prevent the eggs from cooking)
- Add the grated asiago and the grated horseradish and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a shallow pan or glass tart pan and spread evenly.Baking this in an iron skillet would also be perfect.
- Bake for about 35 minutes at 375 until the corn starts to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish