If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious pork and shrimp dumplings are served with noodles and bok choy in a Szechuan-style, spicy sauce. - Cindy Lee Roberts —Cindy Lee Roberts
Food52 Review: Dumplings and noodles mingling together are such a delight, though this refreshing, spicy sauce -- sort of a loose cilantro and green onion pesto -- would be great on noodles alone, or dumplings alone, or pretty much anything. —Kristen Miglore
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup spring onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
Dumplings, Noodles and Bok Choy
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound shrimp, headed and peeled, then roughly chopped
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch pieces of ginger, finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 packet dumpling wrappers
- 6 ounces Chinese or Japanese white noodles
- 2 handfuls bok choy, cut into 1" pieces
- Mix the pork, shrimp, spring onions, ginger, salt, pepper, sesame oil, and wine in a medium bowl.
- Place about a tablespoon of the dumpling mixture on each wrapper, seal and shape. This makes about 50 dumplings. Freeze the ones you don't use, then you can make this again!
- Boil a couple of quarts of water in a large pot, throw in the noodles, and cook for two minutes (Note: You may need to adapt the boiling timing, depending on what type of noodles you use -- be sure to consult the suggested time on the package). Now, add about 12 dumplings and continue boiling gently until the dumplings are cooked (about 8 minutes). You can tell by looking at them!
- Throw in the bok choy, cook for 30 seconds more, then turn off the heat. Drain the noodles, dumplings and bok choy and serve immediately in capacious noodle bowls.
- Spoon the spicy sauce over the top, mix it all up, garnish with a little cilantro, and serve!