If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All of the ingredients in this recipe sing spring to me. Perhaps that's why they get along so well in this dish. Don't fret if you cannot get hold of fava beans. Sweet peas make an excellent substitution, or simply use asparagus and morels. It's all good. - TasteFood —TasteFood
Food52 Review: What a beautiful way to celebrate spring -- a dish that is as pretty to look at it is delicious to eat! The asparagus and fava beans burst with vibrant green colors and freshness, while the morels pop with earthy, nutty and meaty flavors. The creamy sauce lightly coats the pasta and pulls all the colors and textures together into a mouthwatering and satisfying one-dish meal. - SwoonMySpoon —SwoonMySpoon
- 1/2 ounce dried morel mushrooms, or 1/4 pound fresh morels, cleaned and sliced
- 3/4 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on the diagonal in 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup blanched and shelled fava beans
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
- If using dried morels, place in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit 20 minutes. Drain and gently squeeze out any extra liquid. Cut in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and blanch until crisp-tender and bright green, without overcooking, 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. Set aside on kitchen towels and blot dry.
- Add linguine to same pot and cook until al dente according to package instructions; drain.
- Heat oil and melt butter in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, morels and 1 teaspoon salt. Sauté until garlic is fragrant and morels are tender, 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and cream. Simmer until thickened and reduced by about half, 5-7 minutes. Stir in asparagus pieces and fava beans and heat through. Add pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with a generous sprinkling of grated cheese.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms