This was an inspiration from American Test Kitchen.I saw a show on stuffed breasts. I decided to try to reverse it and make a mushroom loaf with a little chicken and this is what came out of it. —Fran McGinty
- Makes one loaf
- Mushroom Loaf
white or Portabella Mushrooms
1 1/2 teaspoons
4 1/2 teaspoons
fresh Lime Juice
Fresh Parsley chopped
- Finishing Sauce
Dry White Wine
Fresh Lime Juice
In This Recipe
- Wipe mushrooms, trim bottoms and pulse in food processor
- Chop Onions and saute in pan with 1 T oil until soft, remove from pan set aside
- Add 1 T. oil and 1T. butter heat until shimmering and add mushrooms. Saute until golden.
- return onion to pan add garlic and Thyme and saute until fragrant. add lime juice saute until moisture evaporates about 1 minute longer.Salt and Pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse chicken tenders in food processor and add to cooled mushroom mixture.Mix well place in loaf pan.
- Cook loaf at 350* for about 1 hour or until internal temperature of 160* While the Mushroom Loaf cooks make sauce.
- Add wine to pan that you cooked the mushrooms and Onions in and De-glaze pan. Add chicken broth and mustard cook on hi and reduce to 1 cup. Off of heat add butter,parsley and 3 teaspoons lime juice. season with salt and pepper.