If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every time I make something like this I wonder how many people all over the world are fixing the same thing: a vegetable cooked with butter, salt and pepper. It is so simple, and so good. In fact, we love this so much that I have decided to grow cabbage in my tiny community garden plot, in spite of the size and my fear of slugs… —checker
- 1 medium head white cabbage
- 4-6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt & pepper
- Core the cabbage and slice it into thin strips.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large skillet and add the strips of cabbage.
- Stir to coat with the butter then add a good amount of salt and pepper – about a teaspoon or so of each – to suit your taste.
- Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until the cabbage is “al dente” or until it is green and tender without being mushy.
- Note: I once added a little celery salt to this, and it was a nice addition. However, I still think it is best when it is prepared in this simple manner.