If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttermilk (Moru) is an integral part of daily Kerala Cuisine. Whether it’s Sambharam, Pacha Moru, Kachiya Moru or Moru Curry – it is definitely favorite of many Keralites. Buttermilk Curry can be prepared in 2 ways:- The first one is Moru Curry with Grated Coconut. The second one is the simple Moru Kachiyathu [...] —pauljoseph
- Vellarikka / cucumber - 1 (Cut it into small cubes) Curd - 3/4 cup
- Shallots - 4 to 5
- Green chilli -1
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
- Turmeric pdr 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 Tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- 2 dried red chillies
- Coconut grated – 3/4 cup
- Cook the cucumber in 1 cup of water with turmeric,Shallots,green chillies and salt.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut by adding cumin seeds and curd to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Add this paste to the cooked cucumbers and mix well and cook for 5 minutes or till the gravy became thick.And remove from fire.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and temper the mustard seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds.
- Pour immediately over the cooked curry
- Serve with rice