Chipotle taste makes squash more interesting to folks who aren't fans of mashed vegetables.
Chipotle taste makes squash more interesting to folks who aren't fans of mashed vegetables.—SUSAN H
Squash - turban, butternut
teaspoon Chipotle paste - more to taste
tablespoon Olive oil
In This Recipe
- Cut the squash into quarters. Remove seeds. Place on baking sheet with an edge. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or more, until squash is very soft.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape away from skin. Place in a large pan. Using a potato masher, break down the pieces until they are fairly smooth. It doesn't need to be baby-food smooth.
- Stir in Chipotle paste to taste. (Can of Chipotle adobo blended to a smooth paste stores well in a glass jar in the refrigerator.) Keep warm, stirring so the bottom doesn't singe.
- Peel shallots and thinly slice. Fry in hot oil until crisp.
- Serve squash with shallot sprinkled on top.