If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chipotle taste makes squash more interesting to folks who aren't fans of mashed vegetables. —SUSAN H
- 1 Squash - turban, butternut
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle paste - more to taste
- 2 Shallots
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Cut the squash into quarters. Remove seeds. Place on baking sheet with an edge. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or more, until squash is very soft.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape away from skin. Place in a large pan. Using a potato masher, break down the pieces until they are fairly smooth. It doesn't need to be baby-food smooth.
- Stir in Chipotle paste to taste. (Can of Chipotle adobo blended to a smooth paste stores well in a glass jar in the refrigerator.) Keep warm, stirring so the bottom doesn't singe.
- Peel shallots and thinly slice. Fry in hot oil until crisp.
- Serve squash with shallot sprinkled on top.