medium squash, cut into one-inch chunks
medium onion, chopped coursely
cups chicken broth
cup half and half
cup sour cream
salt and pepper to tase
In This Recipe
- Cook squash and onion in broth over medium high heat until tender-about 15 minutes.
- Puree the contents of squash, onions and broth in blender. Do in small batches, as to not burn yourself with the hot liquid.
- Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add the half and half. Cook on medium low for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove one cup of the mixture and pour in a separate bowl. Slowly wisk in the sour cream to the separate bowl, as to not curdle the soup. Return the soup/sour cream mixture to the pot.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Distribute between bowls and sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You Want To Be Remembered For