If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of Nigel Slater's Chinese Broccoli with oyster sauce and ginger from his book The Kitchen Diaries. —pompom
- cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 4-6 any kind of mushroom
- 1 thumb sized knob of ginger, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- a healthy glug of oyster sauce
- any kind of oil you like to use to fry with, i used grape seed oil
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Wash and then trim the bottoms of the broccolini. Boil a small pot of water and steam broccolini in a bamboo steamer for approx 8 minutes, or until cooked but still with a bit of crunch. Meanwhile heat up oil and saute garlic and ginger until soft, add mushrooms and spring onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add oyster sauce. Coat the mushroom mixture well by stirring and let it bubble away for a short while. When the broccolini is done to your taste, pile it on top of the rice and top it off with the mushroom mixture.