Author Notes: Easy, fresh, crunchy, almost healthy. What is not to like. I make this for a simple dinner with rice, a good side dish or platter for a meat main or a lunch for the little one. —jwolfsthal
Serves: 2, maybe
cup Zucchini cut into match sticks
cups flour (AP), rice or spelt
cups water, plus 1 TBSP
tablespoon Miso, or light soy sauce
tablespoon olive oil
cups green onion
salt and pepper
- mix flour, water and miso a let sit for 15 minutes.
- add oil to cast iron pan (only the best) and sautee zucchini on medium high heat - try to keep them lined up but not critical. add green onion.
- add batter and tip pan to ensure even spread over and around zucchini - shake pan a bit.
- don't touch. leave until you can see the batter cooked through at the edges, swirl pan to loosen
- turn (or flip) and press down with spatula and cook until brown on bottom.
- flip once more, let crisp up
- turn onto cutting board, cut into squares and serve with soy dipping sauce or hot sauce. Serve with Rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner