If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spring in Alabama is so beautiful. As everything turns green and the tomatoes begin to grow in the garden, my creative side is revived and inspired. I wanted to do a fresh couscous salad that really highlighted spring peas. Enjoy the weather and dig in to this lovely spring salad. —Table9
- 1 cup (6 oz) Couscous
- 1 3/4 cups Vegetable of Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas, Shelled
- 1 cup Fresh Sugar Snap Peas, Trimmed
- 3 Small Lemons, 1 Zest and 2 Juiced
- 1 Fresh Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint, Minced
- Splash of Olive Oil (garnish)
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil add green peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and run cold water over beans to refresh. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring to a boil 1 3/4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock. Remove from heat.
- Rinse out the large saucepan used for the beans, and melt 1 butter on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until transparent.Add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add couscous and coat well. Pour warm chicken stock over couscous, cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- luff couscous with a fork and to it the green peas, snap peas, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, mint, cumin and salt. Combine and serve with a light drizzle of olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe