If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer I made a couple of versions of Ina Garten's Roasted Salmon Nicoise Platter when the tomatoes, green beans and lettuce were thriving. We love cold salmon and since we are having a gorgeous weekend I decided to do it again using seasonal vegetables. A little time consuming but fortunately all the parts can be prepared early and then put together just before serving. —inpatskitchen
Serves: 4 to 6
For the green garlic, lemon, anchovy vinaigrette
cup white and light green parts of sliced green garlic in 1/2 inch pieces ( or 2cloves garlic)
flat anchovy filets
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
cup extra virgin olive oil
teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mini food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
For the platter
pounds boneless, skinless salmon
tablespoon of the vinaigrette for roasting the salmon
pounds whole fava beans, shelled, blanched briefly( about 2 minutes) and then shelled again*
pound sugar snap peas, blanched for 1 minute*
Top 3 inches of one pound green asparagus, blanched for 2 minutes*
Top 3 inches of one pound white asparagus, blanched for 2 minutes*
baby redskins, boiled until fork tender
12 to 15
8 to 12
baby romaine lettuce for lining the platter
Note: Use your favorite seasonal vegetables for this.
- Brush a little olive oil on the bottom of a medium roasting pan. Lay the salmon on and drizzle and spread 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette over. Roast the salmon for 10 to 15 minutes in a pre-heated 450F oven. Cool and chill.
- After blanching the favas, asparagus and sugar snaps, cool and chill. Chill the potatoes after boiling also.
- When ready to serve, line a large platter with baby romaine and arrange the ingredients decoratively over. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette or pass separately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe