If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At first the idea of putting avocado into risotto sounds terrible and gros but once you try it it'll make perfect sense. Instead of finishing it with butter just use an avocado which also makes it a vegan dish. This comes from when I used to live in Southern California with an avocado tree in the backyard and trying to find uses for them other then gaucamole.
The recipe is written to serve 1 so you can easily multiply as needed. —Casey L
- .25 cups Arborio Rice or Carnaroli
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil, Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Minced onion
- 1 Clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- .25 cups White wine
- 1 cup Veg stock or water
- 1 tablespoon Good parmesan cheese
- 1 Avocado, diced
- handfuls Cherry Tomatoes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- sprigs Fresh mint
- Place a saute pan over medium heat and another sauce pot with the stock in it over high heat. Once the stock comes to a boil then you can take it off the heat.
- Pour the oil into your saute pan along with the onion, garlic and salt. Stir for about a minute then add in the rice and continue stirring until the rice is lightly browned.
- Add in your wine (be sure to do this away from a flame) then a ladle full of stock. Stir frequently and as the rice absorbs the liquid then add more little by little. After about 10 minutes then taste to see how far along the rice is. The more you taste then you begin to notice how much more liquid the rice will need.
- When the rice is cooked and there is no more chalkiness o it then add in your avocado,cheese and lemon zest. Taste again for salt and acidity adjusting as necassary. I like my risotto to be a tad looser then some but if you like yours thicker just add more cheese at the end.
- Optional: I dont like the skins on cherry tomatoes so I peel them. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Take a small sharp knife and cut a very thin X into the bottom of each tomato. Drop into the boiling water for no more then 1 minute then plunge into ice water to shock them. Now the skins peel right off.
- If you want this to be a little heartier then add some grilled chicken or a braised meat to it. This dish is also delicous with crumbled bacon on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe